Writing • Dorothy R. Howard
Talks & Stuff
Feed my Feed: Radical Publishing in Facebook Groups. In The Born-Digital Institution, ed. Zachary Kaplan, Michael Connor, and Orit Gat. New York and Berlin: Rhizome and Sternberg Press. Forthcoming, 2017
- The Social-Mediafication of Museums, Canadian Art. [Print edition] February, 2017.
- That's Infotainment! Virtual Pedagogy and Instagram Populism in the Museum. Dorothy Howard & Felix Bernstein. The New Criticals. January 26, 2016.
- The Whistleblower Fantasy. Arachne webzine. January, 2016.
- Loving machines: A de-anthropocentric view of intimacy. Arachne webzine. November, 2015.
- Documentation Is A Feminist Principle. Expansion foam : tracings. Debuted at the 2015 New York Art Book Fair. September, 2015.
- Meet the manga avatars of your favorite tech platforms Hopes And Fears. September 15, 2015.
- Feed my Feed: Radical Publishing in Facebook Groups. Rhizome. July 22, 2015.
- Cartooning the Body. The New Inquiry. February 24, 2015. Caricaturizando el Cuerpo. Spanish translation by Ramón Izaguirre.
- Labor and the New Encyclopedia. DIS Magazine, Data Issue. March, 2015. Spanish translation by Daniel Aguilar Ruvalcaba.
- Synth Master Goodiepal / gaeoudjiparl / Parl Kristian Bjørn Vester. Goodiepal interviewed by Dorothy Howard. The Arachne webzine Issue 03, December 2016
- In conversation with Tao Lin on his mandalas. Tao Lin interviewed by American Artist and Dorothy Howard. The Arachne webzine Issue 02, February 2016.
- On Office Ergonomics: an interview with Thomas Levine. Thomas Levine interviewed by Dorothy Howard. The Arachne webzine Issue 02, February 2016.
- Interviewed by Ada O’Higgins for DIS Magazine. November 4, 2015.
- Press Releases and Reviews
- Whitcher Projects and LEADAPRON present IMAGINARY SCREENSHOTS by Jeffrey Alan Scudder. May 13-June 25, 2017.
- I FEEL WE THINK BAD – ED FORNIELES, MATT GOERZEN, HANNAH PERRY. Arsenal Montreal. July 29-December 23, 2016.
- Immaterial Artistic Labors... Chiaroscuro, Matt Doyle. Recess Gallery, Portland, OR.
- Daniel Aguilar Ruvalcaba ¿Por qué no fui tu amigo? at Kurimanzutto Art Gallery. Whitehot Magazine of Contemporary Art. November 8, 2015.
- Inside the Eyebodega Studio Tunica Magazine, No. 4 F/W 2015.
- Role Reversal: Eduardo Navarro at the New Museum. Whitehot Magazine of Contemporary Art. May 11, 2015.
- Promise Problem at Osmos Address: Chris Dorland, Israel Lund, Gerold Miller.Whitehot Magazine of Contemporary Art. July, 2015.
- Machine Intimacy Void Lab. UCLA Design Media Arts. November, 2016.
- Trabajo ambiguo / Ambiguous Work, Dorothy Howard and Eric Reyes-Lamothe. Biquini Wax, D.F., Mexico. My text.
- Modified version of a presentation given at the PERSONA Fall 2015 New Museum Seminar Series. December 7, 2015.
- Hides its Pixels Loosely: Flying on Second Life Issue 8 –Virtual Identities. [musings] CRIT paper. Halifax, Canada.
- Troll [poetry chapbook]. Inpatient Press. Brooklyn, NY. August, 2015. (200 copies, out of print) Read here
- Black Friday A story written as Writer-in-Residence for Legal Tender, an exhibition. The Alice Gallery. Seattle, WA. May 2016.
- Blogging and venting inconsistenly on Medium.